You are here: Home | Children and Young People

Children and Young People

boys holding different sports equipment

Children and Young People

What to do if you are worried

It may sound simple, but if you are worried about anything the best thing you can do is talk to someone you trust. This could be a:

  • Friend
  • Parent/carer
  • Teacher
  • Youth worker
  • Social worker

They may not always know exactly what to do, but if they are an adult they can find out and help you. Just talking to someone can help you realise whether your worry is little and may just sort its self out in time, or whether it is a big worry, which means you need to do something about it as it is not going to get better until you do. Friends can be useful at helping you decide if your problem is big or small and they can help you tell an adult if you need to.

You can also talk to ChildLine about anything. No problem is too big or too small.

Contact ChildLine by going online and using the 1-2-1 chats or emailing or by calling for free on 0800 1111 (the calls won’t even show up on the phone bill).

You can also contact Children Services in Stoke:

You can call the Front door between office hours on 01782 235100

For out of hours, you can contact 01782 234234

In an emergency call 999.